How You Can Help
Links Providing Flood Relief Information/Support
Supply Requests and Contacts - Updated Regularly
Volunteer form for Knott and Letcher Counties
Volunteer form for Perry County: https://forms.gle/YfkZ41uVpFoQF2pj9
Knott County Extension Office has created this list of items they need for flood relief: https://a.co/aUN1SQl.
Fill out this survey to provide Extension with details on agricultural needs in the area
East Kentucky Dream Center Flood Relief: There are lists of needed items as well as information on where these items are needed most and who to reach out to.
Many of you are asking about donations & immediate needs:
- Toilet Paper
- Paper towels
- Packages of paper plates
- Disposable silverware to send home with folks
- Cleaning supplies
It’s always best to check HSS Facebook page for most updated needs.
If you would like to donate money, I highly recommend these organizations:
World Central Kitchen is set-up in Perry Co if you would like to volunteer. They are distributing meals with great efficient impact to many communities including HSS. They need Chefs/cooks/hands.
The Jessamine County Beef Cattle Association will be grilling out at the Knott County Extension Office on Friday August 5th at 12 noon. They will have hamburgers and hot dogs. Come pick up your bucket from the Bucket Brigade and enjoy a free meal.
Knott County Extension is in urgent need of the following items. You can shop online and ship to the office address below.
Mailing Address: Dora Centers, Knott CES, 149 Parks Branch Rd, Hindman KY 41822
- Dry Shampoo - there are places in our county that will be without water for 6-8 weeks. Personal hygiene products are great but there is no running water.
- The very thick work gloves - i think of them as fencing gloves-- from tractor supply. When you search through or clean out you are supposed to wear vinyl underneath a thick work glove. Please understand this mud/water destroys whatever you are wearing that day so people rescuing/working need multiple pairs to have one pair while the other is drying out.
- Tall Tube /Boot socks - Much needed..
- Boots - Muck boots/mud boots/tall army boots.. Any boots will be helpful.. Your feet just sink up - tennis shoes will be needed later on.
- Another mentioned is fans for those who have places left and getting electricity back their HVAC are not operable/gone.