Priority Program Area One
Identify and support cross-disciplinary teams to address existing and emerging issues, concepts, and technologies spanning the rural to urban landscape.
Identify specialist and agents through conversation and networking that are interested in working on and in the areas listed below (but not limited to) to innovate and lead. Provide resources for the agents and specialists to implement, learn and iterate project ideas.
Example areas of programming
- Urban agriculture production
- Exurbia agriculture issues
- Climate and climate change
- Sensor technology application in agriculture and horticulture production
- Carbon sequestration
- Practical GPS applications
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Encourage and promote field research using emerging and existing technologies (agent/specialist/producer)